When the British left in 1947, all the bungalows that they had constructed for the tea planters were handed over to the prominent and influential locals. Some of them went on to convert the properties into homestays to accommodate tourists.
There are a few bungalows that are still available at their pristine best. This is one of them. The bungalow has not been modified or renovated, but has been maintained to the best capacity of the owners. The bungalow was constructed in 1912, and hence is more than a century old now, yet much of the interior and exterior remains as it was at the time of construction.